Sunday, April 30, 2017

Transpiration Fascination: Weekly Reflection for the Week of April 24th through April 28th

How did you do on the work?
The work we did this week was primarily our transpiration lab.  For this lab, I was working with Lizzy, Kaitlyn, and Dennis, and I feel like we did pretty well on our lab.  We had a little trouble coming up with an initial idea, but once we got that it was pretty smooth sailing.  Nobody got acid burns and we collected usable data, so all in all a success in my book!  So far our analysis of the lab is going well and we are coming up with solid theories as to why our data appeared the way it did.

What do you think you understand well?
I felt pretty solid on the topics we covered in the ecology videos we watched and discoed this week.  A lot of it was some of the basics that I had already learned in other science classes, so I felt strongly about that, however the technical terms and ideas it introduced into those ideas definitely will help me on the upcoming AP exam.

Where do you think you could improve?
One thing that I didn't do this week as much as I meant to was study for the AP exam.  As it is only like, eight days away, I need to start my serious studying, but last week, I didn't do much other than start looking over some old notes.

What strategies will you use to improve?
In order to more efficiently and effectively study, I am going to use some online resources I have found like flash cards and prep tests so that I am not just reading and re-reading my notes.  I am also planning on re watching some of the vodcasts on material I am not as strong on, as well as watching some crash course videos.

How does what we are doing fit into the context/narrative of this class?
This week, the transpiration lab especially is working to connect the molecular level biology to the organism level biology.  Last week, we looked at the plant stem under the microscope, and were able to see the cells that make up the xylem.  We could then experience these cells in action through our lab regarding transpiration, a connection that you rarely get to physically see.

No comments:

Post a Comment